Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Turn Around of Things

So things have looked up since the last post.  After my mental breakdown after the first med chem test and other assorted issues, I decided to start taking something to help with my mood swings and depression.

Enter: St. John's Wort

This is one of the most promiscuous drugs in the pharmacy.  It is all of the other drugs' businesses, and tries to control them.

I am not currently taking any other medicines, not even OTC, so I'm not terribly worried about it.

My mood has increased.  I've been able to focus more and study harder.  I've made more flashcards and gotten much better grades than I think I deserve.  Things are more positive for this pharmacy student.

I've also noticed that I've lost 6 pounds since taking this supplement.  That makes me wonder if that's what makes patients less depressed.  "You lost some weight!  Hurrah!!"  Awesome thing is that I still get to eat my pastas, cupcakes, potato chips, and ice cream and still lose this weight.  It's really not fair...

I haven't heard anything about my previous roommate.  They were offline for 1.5 weeks, and now won't speak to any of us.  I think they just want to forget about it.  Can you blame them?  As long as their safe and somewhat happy, I guess that's all I can ask for.

I have found this great tumblr for pharmacy students: I prefer you call me doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment