Monday, September 17, 2012

Helen

School has begun again and it is the same old trip.  I'm not working as many hours as previous, but the amount of coursework is staggering.  I'm trying to stay afloat, but it seems to be futile.  It seems as though I am not the only one.

One of my roommates last night attempted suicide.

She seemed fine afterwards, but only then did she realize how much she needed help.  We took her to the nearby hospital and called her parents 3 hours away.

She admitted how she never wanted to be a pharmacist and how her parents pushed her into this profession.  Her life dream is to be a teacher.

I'm sure that wasn't the only reason; that it was a multitude of others and that we barely scratched the surface.

She moved out of the apartment today.  Her parents wouldn't even help her pack.

I only hope that she gets the help she deserves.  I wish I knew more of what to do.

In psychiatric medicines today we watched a film called "Helen" about a woman suffering from depression and attempting suicide 3 times.  It hit just a little too close to home today.

No comments:

Post a Comment