Thursday, January 12, 2012

Think Before You Speak...

Two 15-16 year old boys come up to me to ask for advice.

Boy: *blinks furiously but stares off in another direction* Um...  Where would I find prescription muscle relaxers?

Me: They're a prescription...  They're behind the counter.

Boy: *still doesn't look at me, and keeps blinking* Yes, so how would we get some?

Me: They're a prescription.  You have to have a prescription to get them.

Boy: Oh, man! *walks off*

Moral of the story:  Drugs are bad, mmmmkay?

On a more positive note, we've been very busy for that past 3 days I've been at work!  Also, it's supposed to snow tonight and tomorrow so people are trying to pull together all of their medications in preparation.  And with insurance issues due to the new year, the wait times can get pretty long.

There are at least 5 other people waiting in line and we are in the 5 PM rush so there are plenty in fill and input.  A lady comes up with her driver's license in hand, doesn't wait in line, and doesn't really wait for me to acknowledge her.  I had just called the next patient up and she interrupted, asking if she can buy Claritin D.

Me: Well, of course you can, but I was about to help this person.  If you wait in line...

Lady: Are you kidding me?  You seriously just can't hand me the box?

Me: Unfortunately not...  You have to purchase it here at the pharmacy...

Lady*practically shouting at me* That's ridiculous.  The other girl just told me I had to show my driver's license...  Know what?  Forget it.  We'll just go to [competitor].

Me:  Ok. *shrug*

I mean, seriously?  Can you not wait your turn?  I'm pretty sure you just walked up to the pharmacy, and not have been waiting for a while like everyone else.  And the pseudoephedrine law has been in effect since... *quick Google search* ...2006?  Where have you been?

Anyway, school starts up again on Monday!  And it seems as though I'm going to be working a bit more often...  The people up where I am now are just so much more... understanding and practical than I'm used to.  I still have no idea where I'm going to get writing material.

No comments:

Post a Comment